· The crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border, caused by an increased influx of immigrants, continues.
· There is an ongoing migration crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border.
· The Belarusian authorities are actively involved in organising the increased migration wave and helping migrants to cross its territory to the border with Poland.
· The European Parliament held a debate on ‘the situation in Belarus and at its border with the EU, and the security and humanitarian implications’.
· The debate was remarkably calm, with the majority of MEPs unanimously supporting Poland’s resistance and condemning the aggressive actions of Belarus.
· Poland complies with the decision of the European Court of Human Rights to implement interim measures. Poland has prepared assistance in kind for foreigners in the territory of Belarus near the border with Poland and for a long time has been making efforts to deliver it to foreigners by legal means, which, however, has been prevented by Belarus.
The European Parliament will soon deal with the extension of the powers of the European Border and Coast Guard (Frontex) proposed by the European Commission.
An analysis concerning the proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the European Border and Coast Guard and repealing Council Joint Action no. 98/700/JHA, Regulation (EU) no.