Seminar on the European Citizens' Initiative was held at Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw on May 23rd. Ordo Iuris was one of the organizers of this meeting.
The guests presented the history of European Citizens' Initiative, the goals of the campaign One of Us and the ways of funding organizations conducting and promoting abortion from the european budget.
Two days ago, I received a letter calling on the Ordo Iuris Institute to “immediately vacate the PAST building.” On the anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising, the Foundation of the Polish Underground State, which manages this historic buidling, decided to remove us unlawfully, in violation of our agreement, due to reasons related to care “for its image also through appropriate recruitment of tenants.”
- An international conference took place in Buenos Aires, providing a space for debate for young leaders from countries in North and South America, as well as Europe.
- The event was dedicated to discussing the challenges of the 21st century in areas such as the protection of fundamental rights and freedoms, increasing globalization or cultural strife, among others.
· CPAC Hungary, an annual meeting of conservative circles from around the world, is underway in Budapest.
· Speakers at the event included Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, former U.S. government representative for women's health Valerie Huber, Croatian MEP Stephen Bartulica, Slovakian Family Minister Milan Krajniak and Ordo Iuris Institute President Jerzy Kwasniewski.
- The Ordo Iuris Institute constantly monitors the activities of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
- Lawyers intervene as a "friend of the court" in cases that are important in terms of the right to life from conception to natural death, protection of the family, religious freedom or freedom of expression.