· The European Parliament’s Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality (FEMM) organised a public hearing on ‘Counteracting anti-gender movements today to secure gender equality in Europe tomorrow’.
· Family of a dead pregnant patient hospitalised in Częstochowa posted a statement on social media.
• Proposed new World Health Organization guidelines on so-called ‘safe abortion’ are expected to increase pressure on national authorities to remove laws protecting the lives of unborn children.
● The European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) has formally notified the Polish government that twelve complaints have been filed against the ban on eugenic abortion in Poland.
● On October 22, 2020, the Polish Constitutional Tribunal ruled that the possibility of a eugenic abortion is inconsistent with the right of every human being to life.
On Thursday, 12th November 2020, Ordo Iuris Institute hosted the Defending Women’s Rights Conference, opening the series of periodic debates. Two panels, which opened the whole cycle of discussions concerning this subject, dealt with the issue of political and doctrinal context of the discussion on women’s rights, also mentioning the topic of women’s right to health. The main target of the Conference was analyzing the problem of women’s rights in a non-ideological way.