· The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that Romania violated the right to respect for private and family life of 21 same-sex couples who complained that their cohabitation could not be formalized.
· The complainants demanded payment of more than half a million euros in compensation for the "psychological suffering" involved.
· The Court ruled on the violation, but refused to award compensation.
· Soon the European Court of Human Rights will decide whether state courts are allowed to challenge the decision of the Church or other religious association to withdraw the mission of a catechist to teach religion at school.
· The canonical mission is a certificate of professional qualifications and moral attitude of a catechist issued by church authorities, which is a formal condition of employment at school.
• The European Court of Human Rights ruled in the case regarding the counterprotest of a rightist Romanian organisation against screening a film promoting the LGBT ideology.