· The UN General Assembly's Third Committee - the largest UN body responsible for addressing human rights issues - has approved a draft resolution on the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls, "gender stereotypes" and "negative social norms."
· The draft will now be submitted to the United Nations General Assembly for final adoption.
● In June/July 2021, the 47th General Assembly of the United Nations Human Rights Council took place.
● The conference programme had mainly envisaged the discussion on the rights of women and their situation around the world.
● In reality, the meeting mainly focussed on the plans for the introduction of the gender ideology and the ideological concept of ‘reproductive and sexual rights’.
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) sided with a Bulgarian woman who, contrary to Bulgarian law, demanded that she be recognised as a man. The courts refused to register her as a man in the civil status records, as her legal gender must correspond to her biological gender.
The European Court of Human Rights allowed a Nigerian woman living in Spain to keep in touch with her son. The woman had fought for the right to visit her child regularly and for the suspension of his adoption for a few years.
The European Court of Human Rights will deal with the complaint of LGBT activists from Georgia. As a basis for human rights violations, the activists have pointed at the fact that the police prevented them from drawing graffiti on the wall of the Orthodox Church patriarch's residence.