· The Ordo Iuris Institute started operating in Spain.
· The first initiative of the Institute in this country is a petition to the authorities of the Kingdom with an appeal to observe the neutrality of public institutions required by law and to refrain from displaying ideological symbols in offices.
· It is Ordo Iuris' third overseas branch. The previous ones were created in Croatia and Ukraine.
The cooperation of Ordo Iuris with the Spanish legal circles sharing the attachment to the identity of European civilization so far has resulted in the transfer of relations to a higher level in the form of the establishment of the Spanish branch of the Institute. Ordo Iuris begins its activities on the Iberian Peninsula to counteract the influence of communities which, guided by various ideologies, try to cause illegal operation of local public institutions.
This issue is addressed by a petition launched by Ordo Iuris in Spain. The Institute demands that public authorities remain neutral and that ideological symbols in institutions should not be displayed.
"Over the years, various political forces have used the image of public institutions to deliver their ideological proclamations, undermining the neutrality of our administration," said Francisco Meroño Gil, who led the initiative on behalf of the Spanish branch of the Institute.
The commencement of cooperation is also related to the activities of Collegium Intermarium. The university is making efforts to integrate European academic circles, guided by the idea of the classically understood role of the university. For this purpose, last year the representatives of Collegium Intermarium traveled to Spain.
“It is another country, after Croatia and Ukraine, where a branch of the Ordo Iuris Institute is being established. This provides the basis for strengthening the cooperation of widely understood conservative circles and better cooperation in the fight against common threats, the nature of which often extends beyond the borders of individual countries. In a way, it is also a reference to the ideal of Christianitas civilization, ”emphasized Zbigniew Przybyłowski, director for development of Ordo Iuris.
The presentation of the Spanish branch of the Institute will take place in the coming weeks.
Two days ago, I received a letter calling on the Ordo Iuris Institute to “immediately vacate the PAST building.” On the anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising, the Foundation of the Polish Underground State, which manages this historic buidling, decided to remove us unlawfully, in violation of our agreement, due to reasons related to care “for its image also through appropriate recruitment of tenants.”
- An international conference took place in Buenos Aires, providing a space for debate for young leaders from countries in North and South America, as well as Europe.
- The event was dedicated to discussing the challenges of the 21st century in areas such as the protection of fundamental rights and freedoms, increasing globalization or cultural strife, among others.
· CPAC Hungary, an annual meeting of conservative circles from around the world, is underway in Budapest.
· Speakers at the event included Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, former U.S. government representative for women's health Valerie Huber, Croatian MEP Stephen Bartulica, Slovakian Family Minister Milan Krajniak and Ordo Iuris Institute President Jerzy Kwasniewski.
- The Ordo Iuris Institute constantly monitors the activities of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
- Lawyers intervene as a "friend of the court" in cases that are important in terms of the right to life from conception to natural death, protection of the family, religious freedom or freedom of expression.