• Proposed new World Health Organization guidelines on so-called ‘safe abortion’ are expected to increase pressure on national authorities to remove laws protecting the lives of unborn children.
• The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has presented a strategic plan that is based on the promotion of so-called reproductive and sexual rights, reports the Center for Family and Human Rights.
● The European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) has formally notified the Polish government that twelve complaints have been filed against the ban on eugenic abortion in Poland.
● On October 22, 2020, the Polish Constitutional Tribunal ruled that the possibility of a eugenic abortion is inconsistent with the right of every human being to life.
• Generation Equality Forum (GEF) is a conference organised with the participation of UN Women and the governments of Mexico and France and its declared purpose was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing.
• The Court of Justice of the European Union refused to consider the complaint of the Ordo Iuris Institute against the European Parliament resolution “on the de facto ban on abortion in P
• A debate was held in the European Parliament concerning the ‘Matić report’, which claims abortion is a human right and calls for limiting the freedom of conscience and banning any criticism of the ideological concept of ‘sexual rights’.