· In recent years, there has been an increasing amount of discussion about how to overcome the demographic crisis.
· Many commentators see solutions to the problem in political and social programs.
· The Ordo Iuris Institute and Collegium Intermarium are organizing an international scientific conference to present the cultural aspects of the demographic crisis and possible measures in this area to improve the situation.
The President of the European Commission delivered her annual State of the Union address at the European Parliament in Brussels. Within the framework of the so-called "State of the Union," Ursula von der Leyen addressed the most important issues related to the current situation in the European Union, such as the European Green Deal, the economy, migration and Russian aggression against Ukraine. At the same time, Ursula von der Leyen stressed the need to further broaden and deepen integration within the European Union.
· The Council of the European Union has decided on the signing and provisional application of the Partnership Agreement between the European Union and the Organization of African, Caribbean and Pacific States. The EU is expected to sign the Agreement itself in the coming months.
· Two Norwegians have been detained and questioned by police in Warsaw, in connection with a European Arrest Warrant issued by Norwegian authorities.
· The reason for the Norwegian children's agency Barnevernet's interest in the family was allegations of the mother's alleged addiction, which would endanger the daughter for whom she has custody.
Two days ago, I received a letter calling on the Ordo Iuris Institute to “immediately vacate the PAST building.” On the anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising, the Foundation of the Polish Underground State, which manages this historic buidling, decided to remove us unlawfully, in violation of our agreement, due to reasons related to care “for its image also through appropriate recruitment of tenants.”
·The Hague Conference on Private International Law has been working for several years to legally regulate parental rights in cases of surrogacy
· In a prepared report, experts stress that in some countries, surrogacy users have difficulty obtaining the child's citizenship and parental rights
· Experts suggest developing an international instrument recognizing foreign court decisions on parentage and unifying regulations