· A meeting of the High-Level Political Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals, in which Poland, among others, participates, is taking place in New York.
· The subject of its deliberations will be some of the goals set out in the Agenda 2030 framework.
· The Agenda 2030 program has been the subject of much controversy due to, among other things, the pushing of so-called reproductive and sexual rights.
· UN independent expert Viktor Mardigal-Borloz has published a report on the relationship between freedom of religion and conscience and protection from violence and discrimination based on "sexual orientation" and "gender identity."
· The report was presented at the 53rd session of the UN Human Rights Council.
· The publication is the result of work carried out by the expert, as well as opinions submitted by stakeholders.
· A conference was held today at the European Parliament in Brussels. "Let's stop child trafficking."
· The event was organized by MEP Alessandra Basso, in cooperation with the Italian organization Pro Vita&Famiglia.
- A plenary session of the General Assembly of the Council of Europe took place in Strasbourg in recent days.
- During one of the sessions, the General Assembly debated the state of the public health emergency and the need for a holistic approach to health care.
- The Assembly stressed that new threats to public health, perhaps worse than Covid-19, are to be expected. These are to be related to climate change, among other things.
- The Council of the European Union has presented its position on a draft directive on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence.
- Work on the draft has been ongoing since last year, when the document was published by the European Commission.
The topic of forced relocation of migrants, including illegal migrants, has returned to politics and the media in connection with the latest proposed regulation in this regard, presented at the EU Council meeting in the Justice and Home Affairs format. According to the recitals of the draft regulation on asylum and migration management, recommendations are to be made indicating specific annual solidarity measures, including relocation and financial contributions, among others, along with their numerical scale.